CALS Residence Halls
Jorns and Humphrey Halls provide a comfortable home for students and visitors while on campus. These residence halls are located on the scenic shores of Lake Mendota at 650 Babcock Drive, conveniently close to Short Course classrooms on the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences campus.
The two dormitories are not a part of the UW Residence Halls system. The CALS dorms provide housing for students attending the Farm and Industry Short Course from November to April. They also house 25-40 full-time degree students on a contract basis. Short-term or group housing is also available from April 15 to November 1, and limited space is available other times of the year. Living arrangements in the Short Course dormitories, as in other dormitories, are governed by the Board of Regents rules and state statutes.
Humphrey and Jorns Halls are identical dormitories consisting of three floors each. All floors have a shared bathroom/shower and a lounge with a 45” cable TV located on the first floor. Additional details about the dorms are listed below:
- Both residence halls are smoke and alcohol free living communities.
- Coin-operated laundry facilities are located in Jorns Hall basement.
- Telephones are available in each room.
- All rooms consist of two twin beds or a single bed and bunk, two desks, two dressers and three closets.
- A refrigerator and fan is included with your rent and an additional one may be rented.
- Wireless internet is available and all rooms are wired for internet access and cable television.
- A computer lab with three iMac computers is located in the lower level of Jorns Hall. A printer is also available at no cost, but residents must provide his/her own paper.
- Residents on contract must provide their own towels, but will be provided with two clean sheets and pillowcase per week. Pillows and blankets are provided.
- Academic year students and Farm and Industry Short Course students must provide their own bedding, pillows, and towels.
- Facility workers clean halls, baths, and lounges but maid service is not available in individual rooms.
- A microwave is located in the lower level of each building for the residents’ use.
Click here for a housefellow application.