Jorns Hall provides a comfortable home for Short Course students and visitors while on campus. Jorns Hall is located on the scenic shores of Lake Mendota at 650 Babcock Drive.
This residence hall is not part of the larger UW-Housing Residence Hall system, but instead owned by the College of Ag and Life Sciences.It provides housing for FISC students from November – April. Short-term or group housing is also available from mid-April through mid-October. Living arrangements in the FISC residence hall, as in other dormitories, are governed by the Board of Regents rules and state statutes.
The residence hall includes:
- Three floors, each with a shared bathroom/showers
- Lounge with 45” cable TV located on the first floor
- A communal microwave located on the lower level
- Coin-operated laundry facilities
- Newly remodeled classroom
- Computer lab with four iMac computers (printing is free if you provide your own paper)
- Wireless internet
Jorns Hall is smoke and alcohol free living communities. A Housefellow resides on each floor to enforce policy and assist housing residents. Facility workers clean halls, bathrooms, and lounges but do not clean individual rooms.
Each room includes:
- Bed frames/bunks and mattresses
- Desks with chairs
- Cable TV hook up
- Data hook ups
All rooms are double occupancy.