Jorns Hall and Humphrey Hall provide a comfortable home for students and visitors while on campus. These residence halls are located on the scenic shores of Lake Mendota at 650 Babcock Drive.
These two residence halls are not part of the larger UW-Housing Residence Hall system, but instead owned by the College of Ag and Life Sciences.They provide housing for FISC students from November – April. They also house 25-40 full-time degree students on a contract basis. Short-term or group housing is also available from mid-April through mid-October. Living arrangements in the FISC residence halls, as in other dormitories, are governed by the Board of Regents rules and state statutes.
The residence halls include:
- Three floors, each with a shared bathroom/showers
- Lounge with 45” cable TV located on the first floor
- A communal microwave located on the lower level
- Coin-operated laundry facilities
- Newly remodeled classroom
- Computer lab with four iMac computers (printing is free if you provide your own paper)
- Wireless internet
Both residence halls are smoke and alcohol free living communities. A Housefellow resides on each floor to enforce policy and assist housing residents. Facility workers clean halls, bathrooms, and lounges but do not clean individual rooms.
Each room includes:
- Bed frames/bunks and mattresses
- Desks with chairs
- Cable TV hook up
- Data hook ups
All rooms are double occupancy. Those interested in a triple room will be permitted this choice, at a lower cost, when space permits.