Admission decisions are made using a holistic approach with consideration of, but not limited to: an applicant’s cumulative GPA, class rank, activities, leadership roles, academic progress as reflected on an official transcript, etc. Below are our admissions eligibility criteria and considerations:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Involvement in agriculture-related activities
- Academic record
- Personal and professional goals
- Rank in the upper 80% of graduating class*
There is no foreign language requirement.
Returning adult students will receive special consideration.
*Students ranking in the lower 20 percent of their high school class may be considered for admission on probationary status. These applications require additional documents and will be reviewed by the Director and handled on a case-by-case basis.
(The following requirements are set forth by the guidelines for the J-1 VISA as well as by the FISC office and UW campus).
- Degree or professional certificate from a foreign, post-secondary academic institution AND one year minimum of prior, ag-related work experience acquired outside of the United States, OR five years minimum of prior, ag-related work experience acquired outside of the United States
- Minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Proficiency in the English language, as demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 550 or higher, or IELTS score of 7 or higher, OR proof that your most recent four years of education were taught primarily in the English language
- Completed Certification of Financial Support form
**International students interested in applying should also visit the International Students page on this website.