If the Farm and Industry Short Course (FISC) program is the right fit for you, apply by filling out our online admission application. Applications open on or around November 1 and close August 1 of the following year. All domestic applications, including transcripts, for the Fall 2019 start date are due by August 1, 2019. International applications are due June 1, 2019.
In addition to submitting an application, applicants must mail an official high school or post-secondary transcript, depending upon the most recent school of attendance. (If a post-secondary transcript has fewer than 2 years of classwork reported, an applicant must also submit a high school transcript in addition to the post-secondary one). An application will be considered incomplete until an official transcript is received. Second year applicants do NOT need to submit a transcript unless otherwise instructed.
International applicants are required to submit additional documents in order for their application to be considered complete. Refer to the International Students page for details.
Mail all transcripts and additional application materials to:
Farm & Industry Short Course
University of Wisconsin – Madison
116 Agricultural Hall
1450 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
NOTE: The FISC application is housed by the Division of Continuing Studies. When you select the application link you will leave the FISC website and be taken to their website instead. You will submit an application as a “University Special Student”. First, create a new account or log in to an existing one. After you fill out your background information in the application, be sure to select “Fall 2019” as your Admit Term and then choose “Farm and Industry Short Course”.
The FISC application is a 2-step process:
Step 1: Apply to FISC – APPLY NOW!
- Create an account through the UW-Madison Division of Continuing Studies
- Submit your online application
- Send your transcript to the Farm & Industry Short Course office
Step 2: Apply for FISC Scholarships – APPLY NOW!!
- All applicants are highly encouraged to apply. You can apply before you receive an admissions decision
- Scholarship applications received before April 1 will receive priority in the allocation of scholarship funds
- Scholarship applications received after April 1 will receive additional funds as they become available
- Scholarship application closes August 1