FISC is now offering flexible, non-credit courses and programs for students and professionals looking for applied, hands-on learning.
Please check back as additional opportunities are added!
Description: Introduces Spanish language vocabulary and grammar for use in the dairy industry. Covers relevant terminology and syntax for basic communication and understanding. Examines the characteristics of Latinx/Hispanx culture, as well as this cultural context in the workplace on the dairy farm.
Who Should Take This Course:
- Current or future dairy farm owners, managers, supervisors, or shift leads who supervise or hire Spanish-speaking employees
- Agriculture professionals working within the dairy industry
- Anyone who is interested in learning related vocabulary and phrases for use on-farm or in the dairy industry
When is it Offered:
- Fall 2022 = September-November OR
- Spring 2023 = January-March
Format: 8 weeks, self-paced w/optional weekly live sessions
Please note: The timing of the live sessions are TBD. We will poll students to determine the best times to offer these sessions during the week to accommodate working schedules
Cost: $ 325
Carolina Pinzón-Sanchez, Owner, Forte Dairy
Jennifer Blazek, Director, Farm & Industry Short Course
Trisha Wagner, Farm Management Program Manager, Division of Extension
Participants have the option to receive a digital badge, “Spanish for Dairy Industry”, for successfully completing this course. Click this link to visit badgr site and learn more about the digital badge
Fall 2022 Class – Register on Eventbrite at this link
Spring 2023 Class – Register on Eventbrite at this link